The good ol’ sex tape. We are all curious on how we perform in the bedroom and apparently now the best way to find out is to record it. If one of my friends ask me if they should make a sex tape, I would most likely tell them NOT to do it. But hey, whatever floats your boat, right? Here are some rules to follow if you do plan on making one.
- Don’t make copies/share the digital file– all you need is one copy to fall in the wrong hands and wham it can be seen by everyone. Sharing tapes and digital files are super simple these days. Not to mention if you send it in an email it can be forwarded and kept for years.
- Don’t let the man keep the tape/file– sorry but not sorry fellas. Ladies, protect yourself and keep it on your phone, computer, Ipad or whatever and then password protect that file. Women are less likely to share the sex tape unless their goal is to be a porn star. Men are more likely to show it off and share it with their friends.
- Don’t do anything super explicit– Again, unless you want to be a porn star, my suggestion would be to keep it as soft core as possible.
- Do discuss what you are okay with– Have the conversation BEFORE you start filming what you are and are not comfortable with filming.
- Maybe/Don’t show your friends– If you want to show your friends only do so if BOTH parties who participated are okay with it. However, don’t send it to them! Show them on your Ipad, your phone or whatever you made it on. Although I am leaning more on the no side on this one, I only said maybe because everyone’s comfort level is different. Showing your friends can open a can of worms you might not be ready for. Do you really want your friends lusting after your partner?
- Don’t be afraid to delete it immediately after you watch it- unless you plan on watching it over and over again, there is nothing wrong with watching it with your partner, critiquing it, and deleting it. That way you don’t have to worry about it falling into the wrong hands.
- Don’t be pressured into making one– its your body and your life, don’t let your partner pressure you into doing it because they want it. If you don’t want to do it, don’t do it!
- Do have fun– relax and enjoy yourself!
If you decide to make a tape, just remember to think long and hard about who you are doing this with and make sure you protect the tape at all times (my advice would be to delete is after you watch it). Who you are with now might not be the person you are with 1, 5, and 10 years from now, not to mention you will probably be in a different place in your life 5 and 10 years from now as well. Don’t let something fun and exciting ruin or hinder your future.