After a recent trip to Miami, my friend brought to my attention that I am still talking about the guy that I stopped talking to a month ago. Oh boy! She was right and what the hell am I doing? I’m not going to lie, I really liked the guy and we were great together. We had a lot in common and I enjoyed his company. Then out of the blue, he started with what I like to call, “playing games.” Ok, this is where I had to step on the brakes. One thing about me is that I can’t do the whole games thing. I’ve played them before with other guys and its exhausting! We are adults, so why are we playing games anyway?
When a guy starts playing games it means that his feelings have changed about you. Point blank, end of story. The sad part about it all is that you will never really know why his feelings changed and it will leave you a little bit confused. So instead of going back and forth over text, I just decided to stop talking to him. Going through so many bad experiences has just left me exhausted and tired.
Even though I stopped talking to him, I still wonder what if. That, I guess, I will never know. Do I miss him, yeah, but at the end of the day I have to look out for numero uno…ME.
The Moral Of The Story Is:
Learn how to identify when his feelings have changed about you. You can spare yourself a lot of heartache and wasted time if you know what to look out for.
His feelings about you have changed if:
- He used to communicate with you regularly and all of a sudden the communications has slowed down or stopped all together
- He is no longer spending as much time with you as he used to
- His actions don’t reflect his words i.e. He tells you he likes you but rarely gives you attention
- You have to initiate contacting him or hanging out only for him to cancel dates at the last-minute or not respond to your communication efforts in a timely fashion
- All of a sudden he’s busy with work or some activity that consumes most of his time and leaves little time for you
- He apologizes for his wrongs but goes right back to the way he was acting after the apology
People’s feelings change all the time, especially during the dating stages. Maybe he realized that he is not ready for the level of commitment you are ready for or you are not the person that he’s looking for. Whatever the reason, never blame or beat yourself up about why he is acting different. Now that you know hes playing games, you can stop wasting your time pursing something that is no longer worth it. If you want to know why his feelings have changed, simply ask him. Chances are you will never get an honest answer, but it’s worth a shot. Just know that everything happens for a reason and maybe it just wasn’t meant to be.